Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
staystitching
Style_council
staystitching

My pastor is getting married in September. I don’t know what I should wear… ahh I’ve never been to a wedding

posted about 9 years ago
hippiechic5
Style_council
hippiechic5

i think a one shoulder dress and heels will look good. or both straps. and you can wear a cardigan if if gets cold. and a cute clutch. whatever color you like. i hope it helps.

posted about 9 years ago

JPB
Style_council
JPB

wearing a dress to any wedding is a good idea. anything dressy is also fine, for example dress pants, but i highly recommend wearing a dress

posted about 9 years ago

kia
Style_council
kia

Go shopping now! Summer dresses are on clearance and you may be able to find some that don’t scream “summer!!” but look for something that would fit a fall color scheme. Also consider: Is it indoor or outdoor? What time of day? Will you be wearing a sweater over your dress? What are the “colors” of the wedding? (try to avoid what color the bride maids are wearing). If you are totally lost for what colors to pick, fall is a great time to get jewel tones, such as purple, teals, etc.

Fall dresses are coming out now…skip the overly glitzy homecoming dresses you will see in the juniors department, you don’t want to look out of place!

posted about 9 years ago

LindseyR
Style_council
LindseyR

The old rule for weddings is that only the bride should be wearing white at a wedding. The rule is about respecting the idea it’s the brides special day, her day to standout. By having other guest there in white can take away the attention that is suppose to be on the new couple. A good thing to keep in mind is that you’re going to see the new couple, not to standout. I don’t think wearing a little white is bad just try to keep it toned down a little.

posted about 9 years ago

staystitching
Style_council
staystitching

what kind of stores should i look at T-T i tried looking all day today

posted about 9 years ago

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

forever 21 and H&M for cheap dresses, UO maybe

posted about 9 years ago

kia
Style_council
kia

Forever21 will have lots of jersey knit dresses, which I would avoid for a september wedding. Look for polester, lace, tulle, etc, types of dresses. I don’t know what stores your mall has but look at Forever21, H&M, Macys, Nordstrom, Jcpenney, etc.

If you are tired of shopping in person, do online shopping first.

What I am wearing to a wedding in august: http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=50434&CatID=64328&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=1935b9b&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CMID=50434|50444&Fltr=&Srt=&QL=F&IND=1&cmVirtualCat=&CmCatId=50434|50444|64328

Its a really cute fit, and I would wear it again to many different places.

posted about 9 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

You’ll want a conservative, light fall dress that you can cover up if you need to be warmer, but jersey is always nice. You don’t have to be super dressed up, but now is not the time for casual sun dresses either lol

posted about 9 years ago

mavielle
Style_council
mavielle

A dress in pale pink, sage or pastel teal for daytime would look nice. If its a night wedding maybe try a champagne, purple or rust colored dress. All are stunning.

posted about 9 years ago

rocket_girl
Style_council
rocket_girl

What about a white, sleeveless lace dress?

posted about 9 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

I say a semi formal dress thats not too showy or flashy^^

posted about 9 years ago

Bobunny
Style_council
Bobunny

black sleeveless dresses never go wrong

posted about 9 years ago

PearlsLaceAndRuffles
Style_council
PearlsLaceAn...

I would wear a bright colorful dress that is just above the knee in length, a mid heel (2-3 inches, maybe 3.5 at most), a clutch purse and some delicate jewelery.

posted about 9 years ago

contemporarity
Style_council
contemporarity

Dress and heels, but don’t upstage the bride!

posted about 9 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

Definitely a dress, honestly the cut/design/color depends on your aesthetics and comfort level. Go to a department store and see what catches your eye. Good luck!

posted about 9 years ago

HeadFirst
Style_council
HeadFirst

A dress! Not like wayy to fancy, but not a sundress either! Sort of a semi-formal dress. You don’t want to look underdressed, but don’t want to look too fancy either!
A simple semi formal dress, plus heels (or nice flats), and add a little bit of jewelry, such as a necklace or some bangles will be perfect. Also, don’t carry a large purse! Just a small wristlet or a clutch if you need.
I would recommend a dress that hits above your knee, and either some really nice flats, or heels about 2-3 inches. Just pick something that looks good on you! :)

posted about 9 years ago

kamalsmom
Style_council
kamalsmom

Definitely nothing skimpy.. Dont show TO MUCH skin :)

posted about 9 years ago

FrivolousDistinction
Style_council
FrivolousDis...

HeadFirst took the words out of my mouth :)

Aim for pretty, stylish and tasteful, and err on the conservative side as it’ll be a church ceremony. Different churches have different interpretations of what constitutes dressing appropriately, so you’ll already know if yours has any spoken or unspoken “rules” are about clothing, e.g., strapless dresses.

The convention is for wedding guests to avoid wearing white – and I’d add to that any off-white colour like ivory or cream, and if you know the bride is wearing a colour like very pale gold or pale pink, avoid that too. If you know what colour the bridesmaids are wearing or can find out, don’t wear that either.

Wedding invitations usually fit with the colour scheme of a wedding, so they can act as good hints. For example, if I received an invitation with a lot of blue on it, it’d be likely that blue would make an appearance in the outfits of the bridesmaids and groomsmen, the colour of the flowers, venue decorations etc, so I wouldn’t make blue one of the main colours of my outfit.

If in doubt, a printed dress is a good way to go. Team it with a cropped blazer or a pretty cardigan, classic heels or embellished flats, and fairly understated jewellery – a statement necklace, bracelet or hair ornament would all be fab, but no more than one bold piece unless everyone knows that’s your thing. Make sure your shoes are comfy because there can be a lot of standing around at weddings. Some venues forbid stiletto heels because they can make mincemeat out of certain kinds of flooring, so sturdy heels or wedges would be a good option.

posted about 9 years ago

SONIAP
Style_council
SONIAP

yes conservative – but that doesnt mean not stylish – Maybe long shorts and a chic blouse and then a jacket?? with heels

Or a dress with a blazer , and heels

i would go for some chic shorts ,
posted about 9 years ago

amoebaeinwedges
Style_council
amoebaeinwedges

i will go for a blazer and white ruffle top and a black skirt. OR a plain colored dress with simple accessories.

posted about 9 years ago

frickenfashionable
New_user frickenfashionable is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When frickenfashionable reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
frickenfashi...

Dress what you think to be nice & don’t “outdo” the bride! I wrote a blog post on the 7 Things Not to Wear to a Wedding

posted over 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password