Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
EvaLavender
Style_council
EvaLavender

i hav quite a few articles of clothing, but I feel like the outfits I wear are really repetitive. tops on how to mix things up with basic pieces?

posted over 9 years ago
Lollidella
Style_council
Lollidella

Accessories help me change up outfits. Changing your shoes, bag, and necklace/watch/earrings/belt/scarf/whatever can change the whole outfit’s feel. Also, be brave with what you pair. I read something before that I try to keep in mind: your clothes are NOT married to each other. It’s okay to break up sets (even if it’s not a suit set or something, but just something you “always” wear together) and experiment with new mixes of things.

posted over 9 years ago

theomelette
Style_council
theomelette

I agree with the accessories and mixing up pairings. Also, there are different ways to wear the same piece of clothing. for example, button downs can be worn alone with sleeves rolled up or you can wear them under sweaters and have the cuffs and collar showing.

posted over 9 years ago

ukiuki88
Style_council
ukiuki88

i think another thing to do would be re-purposing different items of clothing. so for example wearing a dress as a top or as a skirt would be one way to get more combination out of one thing.

posted over 9 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

decorate with weird jewelry :)

posted over 9 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Accessorise! :) Funky scarves, layered necklaces and detailed high waist belts can really brighten up an outfit! I also think different coloured and patterned tights are great, they are pretty cheap but can make an outfit look really different. Try different combinations of clothes, even clashing prints or clashing colours are in style right now. You might be surprised at what looks good!

posted over 9 years ago

kuriku
Style_council
kuriku

Buy some non-basic pieces! You can match exciting and fresh style with all your basics and if you have a number of these then you can have something interesting every day of the week!

Enter my giveaway!

posted over 9 years ago

ladidadi
Style_council
ladidadi

I use tons of statement necklaces to change up my outfits. I sometimes also add belts – all types – skinny and wide, neutral and bright. They are great with a slightly loose top or with a top and high-waisted skirt or shorts. Also, try some bright and bold heels. For prom, I added bright blue heels to a black dress to make a bolder statement

posted over 9 years ago

babygurlpoint5
Style_council
babygurlpoint5

I sometimes find myself with just jeans and a t-shirt… I will fancy it up with a wide or skinny belt, a scarf, stud earrings, dangly earrings, bracelets, or cute shoes. Usually about 2-3 different funky accessories for a boring outift (not counting the handbag and sunglasses) and one that stands out more than the rest.

For example, today i’m wearing light blue acid washed jeans with a plain black tank top. I have on a ton of antique gold and white bangles (my statement piece), tiny white heart studded earrings and somewhat bold gold latticed sandals. I think it works pretty well!

posted over 9 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

If you have a lot of different pieces of clothing, just play dress up when you’re bored and try pieces of clothing together that you haven’t thought of =]

posted over 9 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

oh yeah and when shopping, try not to get things are too similar to what you already have

posted over 9 years ago

babygurlpoint5
Style_council
babygurlpoint5

good advice for the last part, boredstephanie… I tend to find something I love and then buy it in every color and material it comes in. maybe that advice about “if you love something buy it in every color” is not such a good idea. BUt when i get dressed in the morning I feel like I have all of the same thing… I’m going to take ur advise and by things that are not similar to what I have. Like it!

posted over 9 years ago

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

definately accessories, shoes, bags

posted about 9 years ago

Bennie52491
Style_council
Bennie52491

I agree with the accessories and iron on artwork is available too. So if you want a print or design on a basic tee , that will do the trick

posted about 9 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

yeah, accessories for sure. also, hair and makeup. Sometimes when you do something a little out of your comfort, everything just gets a little spiced up. Besides, a plainer outfit that you feel comfortable and pretty in is a great backdrop for the confidence you’ll need to pull off the crazier style up on your head! :D

posted about 9 years ago

staystitching
Style_council
staystitching

just try pairing your clothes with different pieces. You’ll never know what you can do unless you try it! I was struggling with this yesterday but if you think about it and take a look at your closet, I’d bet you have a lot of clothes to work with

posted about 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password